While we are trying to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, some risk still remains.
Massage Therapy is a physical treatment during which social distancing is not possible, we therefore strongly encourage you to weigh the benefits of massage therapy and the risk of contracting COVID19 when making the decision to seek treatment.
Before making a booking, please carefully read these instructions:
Do NOT book an appointment/cancel your scheduled appointments for a period of 14 days, if you:
- have been travelling outside of BC.
- were in close contact with a person with confirmed or suspected COVID19 (exceptions for healthcare workers apply, please see instructions below*).
- are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID19, even mild ones (symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and loss of sense of smell).
You will receive an email 48 hours before the appointment, including a mandatory COVID19 screening questionnaire. Please complete this questionnaire at least one day before your scheduled appointment.
Please inform us as soon as possible via email or phone call, if you belong to a high-risk group for COVID19 and additional safety measures will be taken.
INTAKE AND TREATMENT:
- at your planned appointment time and not earlier.
- alone (with the exception of necessary legal guardians and caretakers).
Hand hygiene protocol:
- You will be asked to wash your hands with water and soap upon arrival and before leaving our office.
- Please touch as few surfaces as possible. All surfaces including door handles will be sanitized several times a day.
- Please do not touch your face with your hands, tissues are available throughout the office.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Public health authorities currently expect everyone to wear a mask in all indoor public spaces. We therefore ask to bring a face mask with you and wear it in the building upon arrival.
- Additional PPE (including gloves, goggles, cloth and disposable face masks) are available and their use can be requested at any time.
We are currently only two practitioners sharing the office space, in the very unlikely event that more than two people are in the reception/waiting area upon your arrival, please feel free to use the outside hallway to spread out and ensure that social distancing protocols (2 meters/ 6 feet) are followed. If you feel that another person in the office is compromising your safety, please communicate this directly, openly and most importantly kindly!
To avoid using the elevator and staircase, please use the back entrance on the left-hand side of the building, which is closest to our office.
We are sanitizing surfaces, equipment and supplies in the treatment room after every treatment. We are sanitizing surfaces in the common areas of our office several times a day. Windows in treatment rooms and common areas are opened regularly to ensure air circulation. All linen (including pillowcases and blankets) are changed after every treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you.
* Exceptions for health care workers: Please visit the BCCBC’s webpage to determine your risk of exposure.
No risk – treatment can take place without additional precautions
Low risk – you are required to bring a surgical mask to your appointment and to wear it throughout the full treatment length
High risk – please cancel/reschedule your massage appointments