Ygeia Therapy will be open again from June 8th 2020 on.
Please be aware that while we are trying to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, some risk still remains.
Massage Therapy is a physical treatment during which social distancing is not possible.
If you are concerned about contracting COVID19, we recommend that you postpone massage treatments.
Before making a booking, please carefully read these instructions:
Do NOT book an appointment/cancel your scheduled appointments for a period of 14 days, if you:
- have been travelling outside of BC.
- were in close contact with a person with confirmed COVID19.
- are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID19, even mild ones (symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite).
You will receive an email 24 hours before the appointment, including a mandatory COVID19 screening questionnaire. Please complete this questionnaire on the day before your scheduled appointment.
Please inform us as soon as possible via email or phone call, if you belong to a high-risk group for COVID19 and additional safety measures will be taken.
INTAKE AND TREATMENT:
- at your planned appointment time and not earlier.
- alone (with the exception of necessary legal guardians and caretakers).
Hand hygiene protocol:
- You will be asked to wash your hands with water and soap upon arrival.
- Please touch as few surfaces as possible. All surfaces including door handles will be sanitized several times a day.
- Please do not touch your face with your hands, tissues are available throughout the office.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- If you would like to wear a face mask during the treatment, please bring one with you and wear it upon arrival.
- Please let us know ahead of time, if you wish that the practitioner wears a face mask during the full treatment length.
- Additional PPE (including gloves, goggles, cloth and disposable face masks) are available and their use can be requested.
We are currently only two practitioners sharing the office space, which makes it unlikely that too many people are in the reception/waiting area at the same time. In the unlikely case that there is not enough space for social distancing (2 meters), please feel free to use the outside hallway to spread out. If you feel that another person in the office is endangering your safety, please communicate this directly, openly and most importantly kindly!
If you want to avoid using the elevator and staircase, please use the back entrance on the left-hand side of the building, which is closest to our office.
We are sanitizing surfaces, equipment and supplies in the treatment room after every treatment. We are sanitizing surfaces in the common areas of our office several times a day. All linen (including pillowcases and blankets) are changed after every treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly and we’ll be happy to assist you.